Information we collect
CheapVoIPProviders collects different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Account Information – This includes all the information under your account details within our web portal. It includes names and full contact details for the individual or business that created the account. This is vital for accounting purposes and conforming to our regulatory provisions for providing accurate access to the emergency services.
- Call detail records (CDRs) – This is a record of the communication that has traversed the CheapVoIPProviders network. It typically includes a source, destination and duration although it can also include quality metrics and fraud prevention data too. CDRs allow us to create an itemised bill for you which forms part of our accounting procedures.
- Payment Records – CheapVoIPProviders retains a transaction history of purchases made for products and services. This is fundamental to our accounting processes.
- Radius Logs – CheapVoIPProviders retains data on Broadband sessions such as the time the connection commenced and duration. CheapVoIPProviders may also log metrics such as sync data and bandwidth used.
- Communicating with CheapVoIPProviders – We operate systems which log details of calls, emails and webchat correspondence. This allows us to deal with our customers effectively.
- Call Recordings – Call recordings are disabled by default and are opt-in only.
How we use your information
CheapVoIPProviders uses your information for the following:
- Providing the CheapVoIPProviders service and improving our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it.
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep CheapVoIPProviders secure and to prevent abuse and fraud. This may also include requests from the authorities or courts.
- Communicating with you. Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
- Email messages. We may send you service and administrative emails, such as when we notice that you are nearing credit limits. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our service offerings and important service related notices, such as changes to this policy or security and fraud notices. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them.
- Call Recordings – If activated are stored for 30 calender days unless specified to be longer by you.
- Call Detail Records (CDRs) – Are stored for 12 calendar months and then deleted.
- Radius Data – Stored for 6 calender months and then deleted.
- Account Data – If the authorised account holder chooses to deactivate the account. The data will be archived for no more than 15 years.
- Correspondence – This includes but is not limited to: emails, call-recordings, CDRs, webchats, Fax transmissisions and post. The data may be kept for no more than 15 years.
- Payment Data – CheapVoIPProviders does not process nor retain card payment data. All sensitive transactional payment data is processed and stored in accordance with PCI-DSS regulations by payment providers such as Netbanx or PayPal.
Sharing and Disclosure
There are times when communications and related content and other user information may be shared by CheapVoIPProviders. With consent, to comply with legal process, or to protect VoiceHost and our users. When we have your consent or if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or CheapVoIPProviders; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. If we receive a law enforcement or other third party request for information we will provide prior notice to the subject of the request where we are legally permitted to do so.
CheapVoIPProviderstakes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the CheapVoIPProviders service from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. When you enter sensitive information (such as sign-in credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. All CheapVoIPProviders staff are trained and partake in refresher training in data protection.
CheapVoIPProviders may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use CheapVoIPProviders after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.